You are taking a risk using an insecure browser! We recommend switching to one of the following browsers immediately: Chrome
, or Edge
Working together our members are stronger, more effective, & safer.
CIS is your partner and provides:
- Comprehensive property and liability coverage that is broad in scope but tailored specifically to the services provided by cities and counties.
- Flexible pricing plans designed to save your entity money.
- Proactive in helping members avoid and reduce risk.
- Experienced underwriters and examiners serving only cities and counties, who understand the challenges and issues you face.
- Risk management consultants to help reduce exposure to costly claims through training, on-site services and consultation.
- Pre-loss services provide access to legal help without the expense of an attorney.
Is dedicated to meeting your needs:
- Unique coverage that encompases Oregon Tort Claims Act, federal employment/civil rights claims, limited pollution coverage, cyber liability, and more.
- Innovative risk management incentive and bonus programs created to assist members where they need it most.
- Public Safety Program offers specialized expertise in law enforcement and fire services.
- Access to CIS Learning Center & Risk Management Library’s free online training and resources.
- Pre-loss legal services at your fingertips with a dedicated hotline and e-mail address.
- Guaranteed replacement cost coverage available on approved properties, to avoid unexpected expense as the result of a loss.
- Free property appraisals on a five-year cycle.
- Automatic $50,000 in crime coverage, with higher limits available.
- Automatic $5 million in flood/earthquake coverage; higher limits available.
- Free membership in Agility Recovery Solutions, providing business continuity services in the event of disaster and a wealth of emergency planning resources.
- Equipment Breakdown coverage, including free boiler inspections that satisfy state
- Property inspections, training and support from CIS’ risk management team.