CIS brings its members together to meet the unique risk management and financing needs of local public entities, offering experience, knowledge, financial value and personalized service.
Risk Management Services include:
- Risk Management Consultants: CIS Risk Management Consultants work in partnership with members to reduce claims by implementing proven techniques and best practices. Our expert team of consultants is seen as trusted providers, often seeing risk in a city or county before there is an issue.
- Public Safety Program: providing specialized risk management expertise to fire departments and law enforcement.
- Emergency Planning/Recovery: offering tools and services to prepare for and recover from a disaster.
- Pre-Loss Legal Services: providing members with free legal advice to avoid claims arising from employment issues.
- RiskNet: offering free online training in risk management and safety programs, as well as a complete risk management library and sample policy documents such as personnel handbook, fleet policy, safety policy, and contract guidelines.
- Best Practice Bonus Program: members can qualify for reduced premiums for meeting objectives that reduce their risks.
- Incentive Funds: available to members to help address specific safety risks, reducing claims.
If you are interested in receiving a quote for CIS coverage, please contact your Agent of Record or Penny Marlette at email@example.com. CIS P/C Trust Director Scott Moss describes more about how CIS approaches risk management in this 90 second video:
Scott Moss, P/C Trust Director with CIS, explains the importance of risk management and the role of CIS Risk Management Consultants in supporting members.